What's going on with Sheryle?

Monday, June 06, 2005

Uncharted Waters Training -- Oklahoma City, OK

So I'm here in Oklahoma...on Sunday I experienced the most insane hailstorm of my life. There were hail pieces the size of golf balls...and I'm not exaggerating. Honestly, it was crazy...every vehicle in the parking lot had major hail damage. Good thing the Intrepid was back in Chi-town!
Anyways, I'm here until Saturday for training. It's been awesome so far. The days are really long, but I'm learning a lot of helpful things that I'll be needing for this summer when I'm directing these camps on my own, so it's all good. Tonight the interns (college student-athletes) found out who their head coaches were. So it was cool to get my team together for the first time. I knew who mine were since I got here, so I've been able to observe them the past few days without them knowing that I'd be their head coach (a.k.a.--camp director). I also met all the people that I will be going to Thailand with. Both teams are solid...so I'm definitely blessed in that area.
So much more to tell, but I'll save it for another day.
One last thing, if you all could please remember to say a quick prayer for my mom that'd be great. The day I flew out, my mom's appendix ruptured...they immediately performed an emergency surgery. She's now in the hospital for the next few days recovering. I've talked to her a few times and she seems to be doing OK.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home