What's going on with Sheryle?

Saturday, July 16, 2005

back in the US

Well, we made it back from Thailand. I've been in LA for the past few days for a short time of debriefing with the other international teams. Tomorrow we head out for another camp...3 more weeks left.
I'm trying to think of where I stopped w/ my updates. So much went on in Thailand...I seriously feel like I could type for hours and I still wouldn't be able to fully express what went on over there.
We were able to do ministry in 4 totally different parts of the country...it was really amazing seeing God work in a place where Buddhism is so prevalent. I'd say 80% of the kids/people we worked with (elementary thru college age student, as well as their teachers) have never heard about Jesus before. My eyes were opened to the fact that God places a void in every single person's life that only He can fill. From the moment these kids were born, Buddha was all they knew...every school would have the kids pray to him at different times throughout the day. Watching them do this we could see that for most it was just a routine...there was no personal relationship there. It was amazing that Christ used us to bring them to an understanding of who He really is...whether we were out on the soccer field or helping them with their English. We definitely saw God work...we always hear that God is alive in this world and working in ways that we could never imagine--that's exactly what I experienced in my time over there.
I have SOOO many stories to back that up...I just hope I have the time to tell you all! Now that I'm back in the States, I should be able to get on here more regularly.

Until next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home